The sports scholarship scheme is designed to help students develop their full sporting potential by giving the necessary flexibility and support required to train and compete at the highest level whilst achieving an academic qualification.
2019/20 Sports Scholars
Scholarships and the value awarded to individuals depend on the athlete’s current competition level and the number and quality of overall applications that year. Minimum requirements for applying are to be competing at regional level competition. If you would like more information about our scholarships and applying then contact us. To be eligible for a scholarship you must be a student or have an unconditional or conditional offer from the University of Brighton. Scholarships are open to a range of widely recognised sports and include disability sports.
*Limited places are available on our scholarship programme*
Sport Scholarship Students will receive access to the following:
- Free access to the Sport Brighton gyms
- Financial support (up to £1000 for that year)
- Performance T-shirt
- Access to workshops (nutrition, fitness training, technique analysis and sports psychology)
- Strength and Conditioning support
- Physical Performance testing
- Reduced rate access to physiotherapy support
- Reduced rate access to sport massage treatments
- A mentor to help with lifestyle management
- Access to University of Brighton sports coaches (where available)
- Links to external clubs through our extensive partnership network
The University of Brighton is Dual Career Accredited by TASS. For more information about the scheme check out the video here.
How to apply
Applications are open between January and July for the following academic year. Complete our online application. If you fulfil the criteria and are looking at this after July please register your interest, there may be some support we can provide.
Meet the team