University of Brighton Parklife Engagement Officer
Parklife is the social and recreational sport strand of Sport Brighton’s service to the University of Brighton. Designed to engage students and staff into more activity; leagues, drop-in sessions and one-off events so everyone can ‘play your way’.
A Parklife Engagement Officer has a variety of roles to choose from to match their skill-set. A media role provides the opportunity to build the Parklife brand and promotion of its programme via various options such as social media management, journalism, photography, filmography, graphic design and more. An activator chooses a specific Parklife session to facilitate its promotion, delivery and administration to create a positive and successful activity for students.
Sport Brighton are currently seeking a Cricket Activator within the Parklife Engagement Officer team.
- Promote Parklife Cricket Nets across campus through various means.
- Facilitate the delivery of Parklife Cricket Nets within the programme.
- Develop, where demand resides, the Parklife Cricket programme to include mini-competitions, indoor or outdoor T20 style games.
- Develop the link between Parklife and the University Sports Federation team for developing players towards BUCS competition.
- Sign-post and develop community participation opportunities to students.
- Broadly advocate the full Parklife programme offer to students.
- The ability to travel to Parklife Cricket Nets sessions is required.
As a Parklife Engagement Officer, Activators will receive a full induction package from Sport Brighton, ongoing mentor support, development opportunities and a comprehensive rewards scheme.
Cricket Activators benefit from the Parklife volunteering incremental scheme outlined below.