University of Brighton Tennis Ambassador
Parklife is the social and recreational sport strand of Sport Brighton’s service to the University of Brighton. Designed to engage students and staff into more activity; leagues, drop-in sessions and one-off events so everyone can ‘play your way’.
As part of the Parklife volunteering programme we partner with various national governing bodies of sport to develop a sport-specific activator role tasked with improving the respective sports Parklife offer in the wider programme. Through the partnerships comes an increased amount of support and benefits to the role.
In partnership with the Tennis Foundation we are looking for students to apply for the Tennis Ambassador role.
- Promote Parklife Tennis across campus through various means.
- Facilitate the delivery of Parklife Tennis within the programme.
- Develop, where demand resides, the Parklife Tennis programme to include beginner lessons, mini-ladder, leagues and tournament competitions in addition to the ‘turn-up & play’ participation options.
- Develop the link between Parklife to University Sports Federation team for developing players towards BUCS competition.
- Sign-post community participation opportunities to students.
- Broadly advocate the full Parklife programme offer to students.
- Role available at both Brighton and/or Eastbourne campuses
- The ability to travel to Parklife Tennis sessions is required.
The Tennis Foundation deliver a free ambassador training event, taking place at Loughborough University, 7th September, to inspire and motivate ambassadors to help delivery in the forthcoming academic year.
Tennis Ambassadors benefit from the Parklife volunteering incremental scheme outlined below, with the addition of specific Tennis Foundation ambassador kit.